This week we’re flying to Budapest to meet a growing startup that has already gathered 75 million users across the globe with its innovative web application.
Between California and Hungary, they have created a new solution to help people share their creative ideas and projects.
Our partner is looking for a new talent that will meet their core values. They strive for honesty, empathy and enthusiasm to build amazing and qualitative projects. They are looking for a full stack developer to work on a cross functional team made up of other developers, data analysts, marketing specialists and product managers. As in most startups, you will work in a fast-paced environment and constantly be able to participate in new development opportunities.
You will be working on the following challenges:
- Building a microservice architecture to develop and maintain web applications
- Ensure that everything runs smoothly on the cloud (AWS)
- Develop and maintain existing backend services
And for all this, you will need:
- 2+ years of experience in web and application development (with Python, Django, Scala…)
- Strong understanding of the full technology stack (HTTP, cookies, caching, REST…)
- Be fluent in English
- Possess great critical thinking skills
Budapest is a European capital with a unique atmosphere. The city is beautiful at any time of the year and its impressive architecture is evidence of its rich history. Most Hungarians speak English or German, so you will not feel left apart as an expat. However, they are proud of their culture and will enjoy you trying to speak a few words of their language. The tech scene in central Europe is starting to boom and you will find many advantages living in Budapest. The cost of living there is a lot less expensive than in Western Europe. And life is surely less stressful than in big cities such as Paris or London.
Sounds appealing right? Then what are you waiting for? Sign up today on YBorder and get hired!